PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Wednesday 7 November 2007

CHADDERTON

This is another entry on my ordinary journey in architecture. I used very basic 3d software which the result might not be up to the standards of the cutting edge 3d softwares. Again, I'm not directly involved in the design process but I put in my best effort ability to do the presentation materials. Therefore I don't have much things to describe about the design process. However knowing that the less I write about architecture, the more deteriorating my narrow architectural vocabulary would be. Hence leading to less ability to converse well and in the end I'd turn myself into a working zombie again (like the way I used to be). It doesn't matter if nobody ever bothers about my writings, but what matters most is how much it will help improve myself.

This is a design for a warehouse's office. The client demanded for luxurious design for their warehouse office. The typical design of a warehouse office has the characteristics of practical, cost-effective and stright forward solution. With nearly total freedom given by the client in designing their this building, the process is a surreal experience for most architects.

Despite of just having to prepare the presentation material, I was lucky to get the opportunity of giving more thoughts on the facade and appearance of the building.





Visit : http://www.rgp.uk.com/ RGP have an innovative approach to architectural design. We have no dogma, no standard answers and we are spirited and fun to work with.

No comments: