PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Sunday 9 January 2011

KEEP ON DREAMING!

Monologue:

Like many part-time blogger you will come across this sentence “It’s been a while that I have not written anything..etc”. Well, it seems to happen to me.

Honestly, I’ve been so lazy plus haven’t been able to spend the time to write down my thoughts. Not able to jot down “thought” would lead to a less thoughtful decision. My writing is becoming worst day by day. Something did spark my attention today and I would not let go of this opportunity to write about it with some laziness or busyness excuses.


KEEP ON DREAMING!

Today I came across a question from a trainee in the firm.

“Design susah ker Abang?” (Is design difficult bro?).

I didn’t want to brag, so I simply give a simple answer. “Bolehlah, design kan core subjek archi” (It’s alright, design is a core/main subject in architecture)

He replied, “Saya rasa susahlah, tak pandai nak design”.

I was lost for words. I feel sorry for this guy and perhaps this guy reminded me about my colleague who struggled in designs too. Well, you just can’t keep your silence when someone was asking for guidance.

“Design is easy if you keep your eyes open and think about what you see” I broke the silence.
“Go for a walk at places. When you walk, you will see and experience what we call space. You can’t learn that by just looking at pretty pictures”

“Selalu takder idea la bang” (Usually, I don’t have the idea bro)

“You can go out for a walk, read or just go to SLEEP!” I laugh.

He was amazed “ Tidur? (sleep?)”

“Yes sleep. Many of us designers forgot to have a good sleep. I mean sleep and have dreams too. You must have dreams! Dream about your design. We forget that Idea or Ilham belongs to God and sometimes we try too hard to do it ourselves and forget to ask for help. If you don’t find idea while you’re awake, perhaps God might give you idea while you are dead asleep.”

“Saya selalu tido tak sedar apa2” ( I usually fall asleep without remembering anything)

“It means you are too tired to dream.” I commented before we finally arrived to the office after the short lunch.

When I come to think about it again at home I’m not sure where I got those words because I haven’t written down my thoughts for quite a while. I’m not sure if it was a right advice at all. Thinking of it again whilst writing this, it seems to have some truth in it, or so I think...

Note: Please add if you have other advice that could be shared for a good use.

2 comments:

kugeeku said...

yes Berangan-angan jelah...baru idea ada...hehe...

Idea=Angan-angan

butterpaper's studio said...

yeap...agak benar..kekadang sblum nk tido..idea dtg..so tips: sediakat kertas dan 0.6 artline beside ur bed...

regards,
amir-butterpaper.pdcstudio.com