PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Monday 6 October 2008

INSPIRING STUDIO

This is my recent working studio at home. It's not quite a proper room where it is just a small portion at the corner of our living area. I managed to squeeze everything nicely in this small studio with the help of a few compact furniture.
I had always love to have a studio at home house. I started to have this idea of a studio kind of environment since I was in form 1. For as long as I can remember I used to occupy the empty maid's room at the back of our bungalow quarters. I would put all my art equipments and material in it. It was sometimes filled with lots of junk which were mainly all the rubbish that I think could be recycled and later re-used in making artworks.
Sometimes I don’t know why I love to be in a studio. There is always something to do. It some how makes me feel more creative and become more focus on doing something. Maybe the studio environment makes me believe that I'm a creative person. It give me a sense of creative affirmation and the belief that I am a creative person. What I imagine to be true in fact becomes true. When I got the opportunity to study architecture, my course mate and I were introduced to the life in studio. I just loved it. With the set of drafting table, drawer, partition boards it felt like a dream come true. I would spend hours doing work and studying in the studio. Like most of my studio mates, I always thought our studio as our second home. We worked, slept, and ate at the same place. Studio life is one of my best memories. But during my final bachelor degree years I started to have a family and couldn't spend so much time in the studio at the university as I used to. Instead, I managed to create a better studio right at home.
In my little studio at home, I love to paste all my idea on the wall or a board. Although sometimes it will look messy during my work, most of the time I'd always keep it tidy and properly arranged. I don’t really like to start working in a messy condition; it'll only make my mind miserable. In my studio I also love to arrange all books and transform them into a mini library. Sometimes I'd just spend times reading books over and over again.

Now days, my two boys are starting to like the idea of having this studio too. They know where to find their material for their art work and also when it's time to keep it tidy. We also make some art projects together. The book in my small library also consists of my children's books. Today, the studio is not just for myself but for everyone in the family to indulge together.

These are some key points I found in the Internet about working in studio.

1.For many artists, creativity is stagnated if there is no place to work. A great remedy for this is an in-home art studio. Such a studio needs to be equipped with the necessities to allow you to work smoothly and effectively on your craft. It should also be a peaceful and tranquil space to work.

2. create an atmosphere conducive to creating works of art

3. hang work of artist that inspire you as well as your own work

4. to have mood improving abilities

5. improving the quality of your work

6. The idea is to make whatever items you use completely accessible while you are working

No comments: