PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Friday 6 April 2007

MURAL DESIGN



I could vividly recall my school days when I used to legally paint the school wall with so many colours (not in the vandalising way), or what we call MURAL painting. Maybe most of us had done the same, especially those who joined the Art’s Club in school. With God will, I’ll try to document those murals during my next visit to Malaysia. I better get them snapped before they are erased by the new mural projects.

I did this mural design during my last week of working at Murobond as graphic designer-cum-junior painter. The mural was planned to be painted in the showroom as a display for the new seasonal colour range from Australia. I’m not sure though of what has happened to the site. At last my "vacation" (which I spent as a graphic designer-cum-junior painter) ended, and it was time to be back in PRACTICE. But whenever I come to think of the mural paintings, it’s kind of weird that we’ve never included it as a part of our design element. Why?

No comments: