PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Monday 10 September 2007

RETIREMENT 02



Special super-imposed advertisement-like card made by Adam Pridgeon and all of us signed at the back . Now everyone can fly!! , she does look young to be retired.


Today on 08 July 2007, it's the day to celebrate another very long serving RGP family member's retirement day. She has become more than a staff; a family member who has served the family for more than 20 years!

Again I'm really touched with how the family members appreciate the work done by others. I'm so amazed with so much love and care that they display for each member. Do we really deserve to be celebrated like this?

I'm not sure when will I retire. I'm not supposed to think about it that much in my late 20s; I should focus more on strengthening my skills. Maybe when the time comes I may not retire at all. Maybe I prefer to work for the rest of mylife (but at a more flexible time and place). I may even be spending my senior years giving lectures to students regarding architectural journey. But I know for sure I don't want to spend my golden age by resting and sitting and doing nothing, decaying with time that passes by. Mostly, I do hope Allah will invite me to witness the most sacred places in the world (hajj) before moving to the eternal world. Amin.

No comments: