PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Thursday 24 April 2008

ACORNS DON'T FALL FAR FROM THE OAK TREE

I was sitting outside the examination room, waiting nervously. All the memories when I was 9 slowly came to the back of my mind. I could vividly recall my very first visit to the optician, an awkward looking Chinese optician in his small very antique looking spectacles shop. I remember getting an old nerd looking glasses with big frames as my first pair of spectacles. My dad had a hard time getting me my first pair of glasses as it did not only cost him a fortune but it cost him even more in maintaining crystal clear vision at all times plainly because I back then used to break them, bend them, and even get them hit while playing football with my friends. There were even times when I slept with my glasses on and upon waking up I'd find them broken or bent. I could clearly recall during my early adolescent, my dad wanted me to look good wearing glasses. Hence, he bought me spectacles with trendy looking frames instead of the old geeky ones. It was one of the best days of my life; wearing posh looking glasses. But my good looking days didn't last long. I eventually broke them. That was when my dad punished me for not taking a good care of my glasses by never buying me those trendy pricey spectacles and I had to wear the big old nerdy frames for a long time... I then learnt my lesson.

However today, those memories is coming back not because I need a new pair of glasses instead I'd come here to witness history being repeated. My son, Azhan who is 7 years old and his brother, Nine, 5 are now wearing glasses!!...just like my wife said in her writing, "acorns don't fall far from the oak tree". I will soon step into my dad's shoes. I will learn how he felt each time those vision aids are broken. I will try my utmost best to provide the best for my sons as much as my father did to me during those good old days.


"I will try my utmost best to provide the best for my sons as much
as my father did to me during those good old days."

Link: http://anidraw.blogspot.com/2008/04/acorns-dont-fall-far-from-oak-tree.html

No comments: