the actual render
The project was initiated sometimes November last year. Since then, it has gone through several changes until last Wednesday when it finally the approval to the next stage was granted from the council. This is just a piece of the works that I’ve done ever since I join the practice. Its design was made by one of the senior architects, David Byrne. At the age of 65, he still possesses that "killer touch" to create retro design works blended with some current trend element.
My scope of work for this job was to assist him with visualization and design. While working with him on this job made me realised and learned that we could enjoy making a simple box to be interesting and complex. (just my own opinion)
- Divided box into 'wings'
- The visible facade (can be seen by public) of each wings is not a similar design but a variations
- However the invisible facade could be just a mirror treatment.
- Make different angle for the entrance to give contrast from square shape.
- More solid surface on the lower level, transparent on the upper level - solid, semi transparent and transparent
- Staircase as a feature for the box
- Make full used of volume as part of entrance features.
I will soon update this post with its DESIGN STATEMENT that needs to be included in the submission. .