PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Sunday 25 March 2007

Why do i start Blogging?


There are reasons in life...even though they could not be explained; at least they have underlying reasons behind them. The biggest answer would be 'takdir'; only God know better. Of course these are some of the many reasons why I started my blog.

1. A book to remember - the path in architecture is parallel with our life. If not, it would just be a daily working routine and not a career to love and be passionate about. By remembering the path in architecture I can also remember and recall the journey of life that walk along it. I’m sure many of us could easily remember the first sketch that we did

2. Self Advertise - For me a not-so-talkative person like me, the best way to tell others about myself is by writing and featuring my architectural work in this blog of mine and let others do their own judgment... pictures speak a thousand words.

3. My CV - people don’t know their future for sure. Even I never thought that I would be working in UK. And I’m quite definite that staying in UK also won’t be for eternal. Unthinkable things that do not permit us to stay there for long may happen along our stay. So it’s better to be prepared -“sediakan payung sebelum hujan". This blog will be a life long CV. There’s no need for last minute preparation whenever there’s an interview scheduled.

4. Knowledge - I believe architecture is a long life-learning process (in fact, any other field is a life-long journey). We need to be motivated to learn from day to day a new knowledge. It is not simply because we need to do that to fulfil the client needs instead we need it to equip ourselves as a MASTERBUILDER.

5. Digital Logbook - This part will be my personal of work being done on a daily basis. We all need to have this formally documented. I just realise that I should have done it right after graduation but it’s never too late to start now (after four years of working in this field). I'm not ready to take part 3 yet, but who knows when the right time comes, I already have my Logbook running online.

6. Mind Mapping – the longer time we spend working, the wider range of knowledge we need to learn (some people said architects need to learn all knowledge but master a few) it will be harder to remember things easily. Especially since my mind is not a mapped brain like the doctors who could remember things just by reading once. Therefore it will be a learning platform not just for me to learn but for others to share.

7. Improving English - I've never appreciated the needs of having a good proficiency at English until I joined architecture in KMB (Kolej MARA Banting). As a kampong (village) boy I had a rough time struggling with the English medium classes. My life started to change when I finally met my beloved wife who taught me how to express one's feeling using English. Until now she is my personal editor and mentor in English. During the school days, when we were forced to write a daily journal in English by our teachers, I found it tiring and boring and I never really enjoyed doing it, but now I’m writing on my own willingness!

"The main idea behind a blog is not just to keep it to yourself but to share with others the beauty of life."

No comments: