PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Saturday 7 July 2007

UNPAID TERRACE HOUSE


The original illustration back in 2002

I found this old file design of a corner house renovation. As far I could remember this was another early works done for DESIGN OPTION TEAM (DOT). However it was also my first unpaid job!

I was young at that time. Don’t really meet the client in person. I know even a big companies have difficulties to get claim for their works. It is not the question of “Why people not paid?” but the bigger question is “Why people willing to pay?”

Being myself, I'm really a sensible person. I am easy to forgive people, if they give me a good reason.(even it just a lie) If there are no good reasons, I will never forgive and will remember it till the rest of my life. Until now I still 'not Halal' the unpaid works. Lets God punish him! Why? Because the person doesn’t even bothers to say "thank you" or admit his mistake by saying "sorry" or giving an answer “why he not willing to pay?”.

However being optimist about future, I take an effort to re-visit the works. Now with new software platform, I try to appreciate the design that I find objectionable. It turns out when we study the architectural massing it reveal some beauty out of it. It is like making your study model. There are certain good design proportions.

I guess the material selection on the earlier parts is really sucks! The perspective is just a budget visual to understand the design and it was wonderful enough for that time.(really poor for today’s standards) Having a blue roof? It’s like a district police station. Maybe the client is a police officer. I never know. If the person really a police officer I thinks that why the company scared to death to submit a claim for it! Ha! Ha! Ha.






Optimism is an outlook on life such that one maintains a view of the world as a positive place. It is the opposite of pessimism. Optimists generally believe that people and events are inherently good, so that most situations work out in the end for the best.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimistic

No comments: