PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Friday 29 August 2008

ARTWORK DOCUMENTATION

These few days I have been busy documenting my boys' artworks since they started schooling in England. I've tried to document it before but without the right equipment the documentation process could not happen. I've just gotten myself a new all-in-one printer scanner Epson Stylus DX4450 which means the documentation process can now resume.

Sketch by Muhammad Azhan (An)


Sketch by Muhammad Zulkarnain (Nine)

I need this documentation so that all the boys' stuff can be stored in a proper storage box. Thus reduce the mess that they made around the house.

Some of the work is just scribble on used paper. But I didn't throw it away because I believe the process of producing artwork is as important as the completed masterpiece itself.

This scribble work can later be used to explain to the boys how their skills have developed. Sometimes through out the whole process we will find different possibilities in life.

As for me I find that the process of documenting their works is a refreshing task which has the same feeling as one felt when one goes to different art gallery. It occurred to me that their artwork could have been something similar to what I'd done and forgotten during my own childhood; the way they made artwork straight from their heart and without much judgement.

Our children are learning from us but we also could learn from them. Together, we could respect each other.

No comments: