2.The client wants to convert these buildings into a luxurious hotel.
3. As we know when deal with historic building the planner and conservationist would not allow any demolition on the facade of the building. So most of the changes would be on the internal of the building and restoring the existing facade to its glory.
4. The idea is to design a link to connect the 3 buildings with minor alteration to its existing external and internal building layout.
5. We introduced a contemporary tower in the middle of the courtyard and bridges to link the 3 buildings.
6. To ensure that the link would have little impact on the building, we are going to use glass as the main structure for the link to give more transparency and an invisible appearence. Thus the structure is less likely to block the existing facade.
8. The approach taken in designing a modern structure in between a heritage building is hoped to create a clear justification between old and new building.
9. The minimal finishes would help to highlight the old buildings in the foreground. The glimpse of the structure from the pedestrian view creates a sense of suprise and brings an exciting 21st century living to its present time.
http://www.rgp.uk.com/ RGP have an innovative approach to architectural design. We have no dogma, no standard answers and we are spirited and fun to work with.