PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Monday 25 February 2008

MIDDLEWICH PRESENTATION



I was asked to prepare presentation board on a very short notice. It must be delivered on Monday and I was planning to do it over the weekend. However during the weekend my laptop suddenly crashed. The Windows could not be initiated instead blue screen with a fatal error message appeared. I tried my best to fix it on my own in order to start working on the presentation board. But the only last solution available would be to format the hard disk and I would apparently lost the data that I would need to use for my work. I would never opt for that last resort. I was hoping that the IT personnel could help me recover the file soon. Till then how would I manage to prepare the presentation material on Monday? I would need to work fast...I mean super fast. The only thing that I could do on that weekend is to draft the presentation board and my work sequence for the best solution on working as fast as possible.

Then, on that very day I was working speedily and keeping all the sequences together. It was like having to run breathlessly. Even though I was having problem with my laptop, I most definitely couldn't use it as an excuse to negotiate for an extended dateline. I must by hook or by crook finish the job on time.

The Director was already about to leave for the meeting while I was in the midst of struggling to update one last perspective. It was not really ready but it must go now. I believe the unfinished perspective (view C) shouldn't be included on the presentation board but I was pushed to finish it. I was forced to release it for the presentation.

On the following day, I spent ample time updating the submitted perspective and cautiously took a great care of its accuracy. Nobody asked me to do so but I was not satisfied with my work. Although the work had been presentated, I believe it is not a denotion of the end of it. I must work to make it perfect.

The Director returned from his meeting with the client and pointed out the mistake made which I had already anticipated. Before he could further point more things for amendment, I printed the updated version that I made earlier that perfectly answered all his enquiries. It was then sent to planners for update immediately. Should I have waited for people to point out the mistakes that I had already known off, I would never be able to update the drawing that soon by myself.

Visit : http://www.rgp.uk.com/ RGP have an innovative approach to architectural design. We have no dogma, no standard answers and we are spirited and fun to work with

No comments: