PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Wednesday 27 June 2007

BUKIT KUDA BOOKLET










This is a freelance graphic work for development in Klang. It was an advertisement exercise to suite marketing purposed. The design was done for a small handy booklet size. I then made a sample of the actual booklet. Although many people seem to think that "marketing" and "advertising" are synonymous, they are not. Advertising is simply one of the many processes that together constitute marketing. resource from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

I admired people who do marketing. They have the ability to persuade people. To push people for something that benefits them. To change somebody's mind from not believing on something to believing it by heart.

The photos used were samples taken from the Internet. If the client agrees only then would we buy the images from the image provider. But of course I never did so because it was UNPUBLISHED work. I lost the bid to another advertisement company that is more experience than me. I knew about my competitor but I still did the job as a favour to my client's request. I shouldn’t do that in the first place if I feel that there's no guarantee of getting the job. It would just be a waste of time. And time in most business thinker's mind equals to money; TIME=MONEY.

However, I took the opportunity to explore something new and to enrich my portfolio. Therefore; TIME = EXPERIENCE. This loss was then covered back by another job from the same client. Art and graphics are my second nature. That’s probably why I enjoy doing it even for unpaid work. I take passion as a reward instead.

That's why Richard Brindley (RIBA director of practice) commented on "why do architects earn so much less than surveyors and project managers, let alone lawyers and doctors? He Said:
"...architects are generally less motivated by money and are attracted to creativity of architecture as a passion and vocation than as a professional career."

No comments: