PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Sunday 10 June 2007

URBAN GENERATOR

Back in April 2001

URBAN GENERATOR, was my idea for the 7th semester design project during diploma. Those were the days when students try to use bombastic words to explain their designs. As for me apart from just creating "terms" I chose to think about the uniqueness to my movement. It must not just fit or use for the project but could be applied in my future career. I was very ambitious about thinking of such movement - a very sweet dream.
However I strongly believe it is still relevant in the future. I will need to expand the topic soon. As far as my previous research is concerned, no such term has even been used before. Since I’ve been busy making a living, these kind of "thoughts" have been left under the desk to dust. This blog has re-discovered my long lost potential ideas.

Lucky enough today I got my own Internet connection (could not afford one before-using the university-Internet those day) and surf again to find if there is such term being used "THE URBAN GENERATOR". It’s good to find a few more new designs that use this term these days. Some of it had won competitions.
http://www.africaserver.nl/hg/cato_manor/c9705/index.html


Should have plan on this-during those day I need to print 2 times (background and content) and finally attached A3 sheets to become A1 paper.
I guess that explains why my idea was sellable compared to my poor presentation board (my old PC cannot handle the load). Moral of the story is; do not keep those ideas under the desk. I’m quite afraid of my idea being copycat by others but hey, who am I to protect/claim my idea - I'm nobody, and it’s good to share ideas and develop it even further.

"At least I mark my work not just by words!"

No comments: