PAPAN 9

PAPAN 9
Original Artwork by Papa, Azhan and Nine (click image to link)
‘In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Time, indeed humanity is in a state of loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of truth and in the mutual teaching of patience’ (Surah al-`Asr, 103:1-3)
"Professional Architect lives almost by faith. When called upon he can do the job without fear or favour. He possesses aspecialized skill and lives by a code of ethics cloaked in honour andintegrity. He is expected to speak his mind and give his views. Whenfaced with absolute wrong, he can resolutely disagree and walk away." quote from THE PROFESSIONAL MAN by Ar Dr Tan Loke Mun PRESIDENT PAM

Wednesday 6 June 2007

PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS ?

I could simply post RIVERSIDE project (below) without any words. People might say "picture speaks a thousand words". But in this new emerging digital artist, it would make it difficult for the architect to justify who is doing which part. I could probably post just the images but it would stand out as something being produced by a 3d artist which is supposed to be better than this.

It also seems to be difficult these days when people simply take other people's images and put into their portfolio which in reality they just make a simple effort by producing sketches. If they said "the idea is more important than just a pretty picture", then they're supposed to compile those sketches instead even though it seems ugly. Could we recall how Norman Foster or Renzo Piano sketched?

Yes of course we all work as one team, no one could do everything, but when it comes to telling others about the work you've done, a dummy such as that is not a good ethic. It could be featured (I try to avoid) on CV but shouldn't be highlighted. We should be grateful with what we produced because it is part of our life history and not others.


Not to mention the mushrooming number of Blogs that just comment (sometime criticise) on people's works or news that come across them. Maybe those happening features give some impact in their life or maybe just to attract visitors to their page. The worst scenario is when they just want to own a certain blog address without posting anything. Sick!!


I'm about to make the same "mistake". As we know in our daily life there's always something around us that inspired us. From sketches to movies to music or as simple as at glancing at other people's works. Being an almost absent minded kind of person (I could remember picture easily though); keeping a journal is the best option to make me remember stuff. I even read back all my writings in this blog again and again! While I'm considering to include my thoughts about those things that inspired me, I write this entry and make up my mind.


In this blog I tried my best to filter the works. This writing is just for my own reminder (others might find it useful) Only the works that I did should be featured and giving credits to those gentlemen/ladies' works that I involved in. I will only post all those stuff that inspired me on the side bar of the blog. And when it changes, I will save it in my own safe box. THE END.

No comments: